04 September 2012

A Tasteful Rainbow

I've got a thing for rainbows at the moment.  Perhaps it's because my daughter loves to draw them and screams out the window everytime she sees one!  Perhaps it's because I just love the colours!

Anyway, I came up with an idea how to incorporate rainbow colours into a layout and was very happy with the result.

I started with a 12"x6" piece of Basic Black cardstock, and rubbed my glue stick all over it.  I then stuck on 6"x1" strips of cardstock.   Then ran it through the Big Shot with the Tasteful Trim die.  Voila!

This is a technique I will use again and have lots of other combinations I'd like to try, i.e. Designer Series Paper, Monotones, Subtles on Whisper White, Regals on Very Vanilla, different dies, etc, etc.  It's also great for using up scraps.

Stamps: Word Play, God's Blessings, Calendar Alphabet & Numbers
Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry
Ink: Basic Black, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Big Shot, Tasteful Trim Bigz XL Die, Labels Framelit Die, Designer Buttons (Brights), Jewelry Tag Punch

2 comments:

  1. You are so clever. Fabulous idea, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea - great way to use up those scraps we all have.

    ReplyDelete