12 December 2009

Progressive Scrapbook Page

So sorry I haven't been blogging lately! I had intended to blog everyday in November, and Jacque, our Team Leader, also gave us the challenge of blogging at least 21 times in November. I got to 22 and was struck down by a bad cold from which I am still recovering. The upside was though, that I won Jacque's challenge and received some gorgeous ribbon from the new Summer Mini Catalogue. So exciting, can't wait to use it!

Anyway, I have still been crafting so will share some things I have made over the next few days.

First up is a progressive scrapbook page:
The simple concept of the progressive scrapbook page is that you make a 6x6 page:
Step it up to an 8 1/2" x 11" (A4):
Then into a 12x12:
I recently purchased a Colour Coach from SU! as I find it easy to keep within the "colour families" that SU! have created, but unless I am matching my colours to designer papers, I sometimes struggle with selecting colours across the colour familes. For this layout, I knew that I wanted to make the calf a focus so chose Creamy Caramel for the background then layered on Chocolate Chip. I used my Colour Coach to select Tempting Turquoise as a coordinating colour. I would never have thought of teaming it with Creamy Caramel and Chocolate Chip as it is from the Bold Brights range but it really does make this layout pop!
I used the retired Daisy Field wheel in Chocolate Chip on the 12x12 Creamy Caramel but because the Chocolate Chip cardstock is quite dark, I clear heat embossed the wheel then coloured the flowers in using my white gel pen.
Stamps: Daisy Field (retired wheel), Hello Again (Summer Mini)
Cardstock: Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White, Ski Slope DSP (Retired)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Versamark, Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Round Tab Punch, Basic Grey Marker, Scallop Border Punch, White Gel Pen, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Powder Pal

No comments:

Post a Comment